As promised – The Orangerie at Chenonceau. Another tourist location, but again, well worth a visit. Chenonceau is one of the most beautiful chateaus in the Loire Valley. The entire park surrounding the chateau is breathtaking and deserves a leisurely visit, including lunch!
The Orangerie fits perfectly in this setting. Not only is the restaurant elegant, the food is beautifully presented. We were definitely surprised by the quality of this meal and would recommend it to anyone visiting the chateau, as long as fish is an option in your diet – there are not many vegetarian options. However, we have found that with advanced notice most places will accommodate. Reservations are again encouraged, and be sure to ask for a seat on the terrace!
- White Asparagus with Goat Cheese Ravioli and Pesto
- Cheese Plates
- Caesar Salad
- Crab with Whipped Cream and Ice Cream of Green Peas, Lime
- House Cured Smoked Salmon (fantastic!)
- Mullet with Wheat and Green Pea Risotto
- Monkfish with Paprika, Artichoke, and Asparagus
- Fish of the Day