Recently we had the opportunity to visit a couple of wineries in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Since the James Beard nominee list was released as we were planning this trip we decided to use it as a guide to great restaurants. Jory at the Allison Inn and Spa was nominated for their wine program. As wine lovers this was very appealing – and in such a perfect setting in the Willamette! We decided to have lunch here and use their wine list as our final stop of the day. The location, food, and wine were all perfect. If in the area, this is a perfect way to treat yourself to a great experience. Oh, and even though it’s pricey, don’t miss the Beaux Freres Pinot Noir by the glass!
- green salad – dried cherries, red onions, roasted filberts, muscatel vinaigrette, pecorino romano
- asparagus salad – garden arugula, radish, speck prosciutto, garrotxa cheese, hazelnuts, hazelnut vinaigrette (ask for no speck)
- vegetables on herb focaccia – smoked mozzarella, olive salad, butternut squash, marinated mushrooms, harissa aioli , petite salad
- foraged mushroom soup – crispy morels, green garlic relish, saba, crème fraîche
- beet salad – citrus supremes, petite greens, candied marconas, chevarino, preserved meyer lemon vinaigrette
- Veggie Sides: citrus-braised garden beets, roasted root vegetables, roasted potatoes, caramelized brussels sprouts, grilled broccolini with almonds and brown butter
- pacific seafood stew – rock shrimp, manila clams, halibut, mussels, garlic sausage, fines herbes, crostini
- pacific oyster tasting | half dozen – pickled citrus–pink peppercorn mignonette
- grilled wild king salmon – warm potato salad, house bacon, garden greens, tarragon-buttermilk emulsion (ask for no bacon)
- spring run chinook salmon – corona beans, roasted radish, fennel, king trumpets, pea shoot pistou, fumet
- wild pacific halibut – white bean purée, fiddleheads, garden broccoli, red pearl onions, lovage oil, beet jam
And of course yummy desserts!